Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Zen Weekend

The moment that I got in the car on Saturday morning to head out of town for our long camping weekend I was more relaxed than I have been in months.  I knew that I had four days of ocean beaches, fresh air, and good friends to look forward to.

The Fourth of July has had significance to me for a couple of years now, and has been celebrated at the Oregon Coast (Waldport and Yachats, to be exact) since then.  The last two years we've camped out at Beachside State Park.  I love that the campsites are just steps from the sand, and that the ocean waves lure me to sleep each night, and greet me in the morning.  I absolutely LOVE the beach.  I feel whole when I am there.. which was a big reason that Jacob and I decided to have our wedding there (though, I wasn't nearly as ocean-loving-crazy as THIS Oregon bride! brrr!).

A few friends joined us for the weekend.  We talked, ate, hiked to Heceta Head Lighthouse and watched fireworks (twice!).   The weather was GORGEOUS (which is evident by the sunburn that I left with). Below are a few of my favorite photos from the weekend.  Going back to work today, I actually still felt relaxed... it was fantastic!  I've already started to plan our next camping weekend! lol

Home Sweet Home



SOO ready for this!

A surprise for us on the beach

Along the trail to Heceta Head Lighthouse

View from the trail

From Heceta Head... could not have asked for better weather!

Bailey:  our entertainment

Put one of our wedding gifts to use!  I LOVE this thing!






The finale! (I love the "runner" in the first few seconds).

No comments: