Monday, May 12, 2014

Pregnancy #2: Weeks!

I've decided to do the same "weekly" posts that I did when I was pregnant with Emily so that I can later compare and contrast the two pregnancies.  (In case anyone missed/didn't get my last post, I'm expecting another little one at the end of October!).

I haven't been particularly great about remembering to write every week (and I doubt I will be for the next 24), but here's what I have written so far in secret while I waited to make it public.  =)

Also, for reference and comparison, I've linked each week to my first pregnancy.  



March 1: 6 Weeks

Size of baby: According to babyzone.com, our little one is about the size of a pumpkin seed.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m not sure how much, if any that I’ve gained.  Just before I got pregnant I lost just over 20 pounds.  I really wanted to get back down to pre-baby weight before getting pregnant again.  I think that I *almost* made it.  =)  We found out about 2 weeks ago, and since that time I’ve lost another half a pound, so who knows when it will start the upward hill again.  Though, after last time, I know what kinds of mistakes I made (i.e. brownies and milkshakes) and I’m determined to take better care of my body this time around so that I don’t have as much to lose this time next year!

Maternity Clothes: Still several weeks away.  Pretty excited though that I made it back into my pre-prego pants before having to worry about maternity wear again! lol

Gender: I keep going back and forth between what my “feeling” is…

Movement: All the movement in my life right now is coming from the outside… from a 22 month old! Lol 

What I miss: Not really missing anything quite yet.  In all honesty, sometimes I even forget that I’m pregnant.  It hasn’t quite sunk in yet.

Sleep: No problems with the sleep.  Everything is a-ok!

Symptoms: So far, I’m not sure what’s been pregnancy-related stuff and what’s not.  Last week I woke up with an upset stomach.  I went to work because I assumed that it was morning sickness, and it quickly went downhill.  The nausea continued, and I had to make myself sit down several times because I was dizzy and/or thought I was going to puke.  I tried to take public transportation home and had to get off the train THREE times because I was micro-seconds away from losing my lunch on the moving max.  I got home and laid in bed for the rest of the night (except to go to the bathroom and empty my stomach…from the other end…).  I didn’t really eat anything the next day and my stomach was still feeling week a couple of days later.  I was really nervous that THAT was going to be my morning sickness this time around, and I was scared.  Stocked up/read all about anti-nauseau aids.  Then, come to find out, two of my coworkers had similar symptoms within a couple of days of mine.  So, either all three of us are secretly pregnant and having the exact same symptoms, OR we caught some kind of stomach bug.  My stomach is just now getting back to normal, and now I’m at the same stage that I was at this time last pregnancy… I want to eat everything in sight.  I’m hungry every 1-2 hours.  This is the stage where I really need to check myself before I get into some really awful habits.

Cravings: No real cravings.  Just whatever is quick and easy.

Best Moment this week: Jacob broached the subject of selling his 2-door Scion and getting a second, back-up “family” car.  I have been thinking this since before Emily was born, but I didn’t want to push him into getting rid of his last piece of his “youth”. Lol.  So, I was surprised (and, honestly, a little sad, too!) when he mentioned it at dinner last night. The end of an era… =)

What I am looking forward to: Our first doctor’s appointment/ultra-sound and telling our families… still have to wait a couple of weeks though!



March 19: 8.5 Weeks

(It’s been super busy here the last couple of weeks… the only reason that I’m getting around to writing this now is because I’m home sick –gotta love the pregnancy head colds—and I’m out of TV shows to watch. Lol)

Size of baby: According to BabyCenter, you’re halfway between a kidney bean and a grape.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m trying not to think about this one too much right now.  As one of my symptoms is that I’ve been starving all the time, I’ve gained more than I would like.  I’m hoping it will settle down here soon.

Maternity Clothes: Still several weeks away. 

Gender: If you believe the Chinese predictors online, it’s a girl.  If you believe the wives tales about food cravings, it’s a boy.  If you believe the heart rate predictors, it’s a girl.  =)

Movement: No movement yet.  =) 

What I miss: Not feeling like I’m keeping a big secret from everyone.  We have told family and a couple of close friends, but we’re keeping it on the DL for another few weeks.

Sleep: For the last few days I’ve woken up in the middle of the night and had to pee.  Not sure if I’m waking up BECAUSE I had to go, or if I wake up for some other reason and realize I need to… either way, I haven’t slept all the way through the night in at least 3 days.

Symptoms: I’m starving… all the time.  I have to eat something every 60-90 minutes… though, it seems to be more intense during the first part of the day.  I can go a couple of hours in the afternoon.  ;)

Cravings: Protein and carbs… meat, cheese, and bread.

Best Moment this week: We told our parents over the last week and sent out baby “save the dates” to our siblings.  =)  We also had our first ultra-sound and got to see the “bean”… shit got real after that!  =)

What I am looking forward to: Coming clean at work. Lol.  And also starting to feel a little bit better/less stressed with life in general so that I can start going to the gym again.  I want to be in better shape through this pregnancy and feel the need to start moving again.  



April 5, 2014, 11 Weeks

Size of baby: According to BabyCenter, you’re about the size of a fig.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Finally stepped on the scale today… only up about 5 lbs!  I am TOTALLY ok with that!

Maternity Clothes: Still several weeks away.  And still fitting into my pre-prego jeans!  Yay!

Gender: Don’t know… but super excited to find out in a few weeks!

Movement: I’m feeling stuff… but I’m guessing it’s not baby… but, who knows, maybe it is. 

What I miss: Not really missing anything right now… wait, no, I take that back.  Was really missing alcohol a few days ago after a tough day at work.

Sleep: Sleep is better than it was.  Not getting up in the middle of the night to pee for at least a week.  It’s great.  =)

Symptoms: My symptoms have kind of subsided.  Sometimes it’s really easy to forget that I’m pregnant… which also makes me really nervous.  I can’t help but worry that something could be wrong.  I can’t wait until I’m feeling movement and then have constant reminders that everything is ok.  =)

Cravings: More craving sweets now.  It’s kind of weird how it’s flip flopped over the last couple of weeks.

Best Moment this week: Stepping on the scale and seeing that I’ve only gained five pounds. Lol.  After working so hard to get weight off, and being so concerned about not gorging myself while, at the same time, being STARVING all of the time, I was really worried.  I think I actually probably gained and then lost a bit.  I’m just really, really happy.

What I am looking forward to: My  next doctor’s appointment in a week.  Just to hear the heart beat again and know that everything is ok. 

No comments: