Monday, October 17, 2011

8 Weeks

(This is one of a series of scheduled posts that I've written since I found out that Jacob and I were expecting our first child.  The original composition date is included below).


Sept 6:

Size of baby: According to babyzone.com, baby's about the size of a raspberry!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m not happy about this… I think I’ve gained 5 pounds so far… which I think is too much.  I secretly hope that I’m actually a month farther along than I think I am… make myself feel better about the weight gain. ;)  I actually just think that I’ve been gorging myself this last week because a) I’ve been HUNGRY all of the time, and b) I’m pregnant… I’ll do what I want! ;)

Maternity Clothes: Hopefully not for a few more months!  All of my normal clothes are still fitting ok.

Gender: I keep finding myself referring to it as a “he”… I don’t’ know what this means.  Maybe, being from my family and Jacob’s (where I’m the only girl) the thought that it COULD be a girl is just weird to me. lol

Movement: Nope.

What I miss: Riding my bike in the mornings.  I know that I COULD, but I just feel so exhausted and nauseous that the thought of pedaling 2.5 miles every morning (and then 2.5 half back that evening), just does NOT appeal to me.

Sleep: Aside from getting up at least once a night to pee (two last night), it’s going alright.

Symptoms: Same ol’, same ol’.  The ravenous hunger has diminished a bit though, so I’m thankful for that.

Cravings: Salt and chocolate… but that’s really nothing out of the ordinary for me. =)

Best Moment this week: Telling our families.  It makes it seem just a little bit more real. =)

What I am looking forward to: Starting to tell some close friends and coworkers… I think my coworkers are already a little suspicious though… I haven’t really been myself lately.


No comments: