Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Our "Bean"

(This is one of a series of scheduled posts that I've written since I found out that Jacob and I were expecting our first child.  The original composition date is included below).


Sept. 12

I had my first OB appointment today and got to see/hear our little “bean” (s/he looks just like a lima bean!).  It was pretty weird.  I didn’t know what to expect from the appointment, so was pretty happy when we were told that we’d hear the heartbeat (not so happy when they told me they were going to have to go in vaginally! Lol).

Ever since our first doctor’s appointment I’ve had this weird fear that I’m not really pregnant.  That something else medically weird is going on with me that is imitating the symptoms of pregnancy and that I’m going to look like an idiot when I have to tell everyone that I’ve told that we’re not actually having a baby.  But NOW I KNOW that there is something in there!  I have photographic evidence! =)  I wonder if it’s going to start feeling more real now…


No comments: