Tuesday, October 25, 2011

15 Weeks

Size of baby: According to babyzone.com, baby’s about the size of an apple! Apparently it's roughly 4 inches, which means (if I did my math correctly) that it is pretty much exactly the size that I will dilate during labor... too bad I'm only about a 3rd of the way though! lol

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Since I just ate a pretty big Mexican dinner, I'm going to take off 2 llbs and say that I've gained about 8 lbs so far. =)

Maternity Clothes: Still not much of a bump.  My belly is definitely getting rounder, but it still just looks like a food baby over a real one.

Gender: 50% chance of either!

Movement:  Nope.  I hear it could potentially start happening soon though... I sometimes I wonder if I'm going to know what it is right away or if I'm going to freak out and think something's wrong.

What I miss: Not having the spotlight on me.  I'm not someone who likes to be the center of attention, so having people continually comment on it and/or give me advice/articles/suggestions/etc. it hard for me to deal with.

Sleep:  Sleeping pretty well... just wish I could do more of it.

Symptoms: Doing good.  Feel like I'm not getting enough sleep, but I think it's because I'm not. =)

Cravings: I still don't feel like I'm having any cravings outside of the norm.  Today I craved Mexican food, but I would get cravings like that before I was pregnant, too.  I've definitely been known to make french fry and/or blizzard runs in my pajamas. lol

Best Moment this week: Did a Halloween scavenger hunt this weekend and had a great time!  I'm hoping to blog about that (and some other stuff) later.

What I am looking forward to: Getting some new clothes... whenever the need finally comes (I think I'm going to need some new pants fairly soon... but, unfortunately I'm NOT looking forward to that, as I'm so tall it's hard enough to find regular pants.  Anyone know who makes maternity pants with a 35-36" inseam??)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Jeans are always tough, not only length but style. I tried the type that stretch over your tummy but found that they always sagged. I've yet to find that maternity suspenders have come into style. I liked the pants that button under the belly best. Buy each style, leave the tags on and go for a nice walk to see if they stay on properly. Being big pregnant in the winter is a bit tough on the wardrobe.

Holly said...

Motherhood Maternity has long pants (http://www.motherhood.com/maternity/jeans-tall.asp). I only had two pairs of maternity pants for my whole pregnancy (one pair of jeans and one pair of black pants) and it worked out fine for me. I liked the pants that went over my belly because I didn't have to worry about my belly or back popping out. There really are some cute maternity clothes out there. Also, I had one really good black tank top that I wore all the time. It was a great thing to layer under sweaters and jackets to extend my wardrobe a bit more.

Sadie said...

http://www.target.com/p/Be-Maternity-BeBand-Assorted-Colors/-/A-10949803

this worked wonders for extending my wardrobe and was very comfy.

xo - sadie and baby eva