Friday, October 14, 2011

6 Weeks

(This is one of a series of scheduled posts that I've written since I found out that Jacob and I were expecting our first child.  The original composition date is included below).


Aug. 23: 6 Weeks

(I stole this set up from another lovely mother to be at From Match to Marriage...  I've really enjoyed reading her blog over the last several weeks as I was hiding my secret!)

Size of baby: According to babyzone.com, our little one is about the size of a pumpkin seed… so small!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’ve gained a couple of pounds since I last weighed myself, but, after the way I ate last weekend, I suspect that’s more a “food baby” than an actual baby tipping the scale! lol

Maternity Clothes: Still several weeks off from this… I hope!

Gender: I know what I feel/hope it is… but I’m not tellin’!

Movement: Just gas… nothing else. =)

What I miss: Not flinching every time my cat steps on my chest… ow!

Sleep: Better this week than last… I was thinking WAY too much last week!

Symptoms: Getting dizzy in the mornings in the shower… have had to switch to a night shower routine.  Also (TMI warning), having some bouts with constipation… but I hear that that’s normal.  I think my sense of smell has heightened a *little* bit… but it is summer, so they stinkier people on the bus may just actually be stinkier.  Finally, I’m hungry… all the time!

Cravings: Just food in general, nothing in particular.

Best Moment this week: Sitting in the park with Jacob over the weekend and just talking about baby names… was the first time that we’ve had an actual conversation about what is going on inside me!

What I am looking forward to: Telling family and friends.  We’re waiting to tell my family in person, which means we have to wait a little while. =(

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm glad you started doing the survey, I've had so much fun already looking back on it and remembering how I felt each week.

Also, to answer your question about the sugar, apparently if you have Gestational Diabetes you have to go on a specific diet to control it and cut out a lot of sugar/carbs which I was dreading. Fortunately I passed the test.