Friday, October 24, 2014

False Alarm =(

Last night I started to feel kind of weird.  Around 8:00 in the evening I started to feel some "indigestion" (kind of like how I feel when I eat too much dairy), but I didn't think I had any reason to be feeling that way... and "that way" is very similar to how I felt right before I realized that I was in labor with Emily.  So, I put myself on alert and started to pay close attention to what was going on with my body.

Around 10:30 I was still feeling "weird", but nothing really special.  Some slight cramping, but nothing regular to time.  So, after filling in our doula and making sure that Jacob's mom (who would be coming over to hang out with Emily when I go into labor) was on stand by, I decided to go to bed and try to get some sleep.  By that point my lower back/tailbone area was a bit achy, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Somewhere around 2:00 am I woke up.  Not really sure why I woke up, but I realized that I was having contractions.  Not the Braxton hicks ones that I've been having for weeks, but actual contractions (and in the FRONT this time.... I was so realized as the entire time I was in labor with Em the pain was in my back).  I clocked them for about 20=30 minutes, trying to decide if it was the right time to wake up Jacob and get the ball rolling.  They were coming at about 4 minutes apart.  They weren't overly painful, but they were definitely there.  Jacob finally shifted/rolled over, giving me the opportunity to wake him up NOT from a dead sleep and the ball went into motion.

Last minute hospital bag stuff was packed, Nana was called to come over, pull out bed was made for her, doctor and doula were both informed of the situation.  Left for the hospital.  Still having contractions, still not overly painful, but there. 

We got to the hospital a little after 3:00 AM and got check in to a room.  I got gown-ed up and the monitors were attached to my belly.  The monitors were picking up the contractions, but they had backed off and were irregularly coming 5-8 minutes apart.  The nurse check me out and my cervix was still REALLY high, and I was barely dilated. 

One of the most disappointing feelings in the world to be sent home from the maternity ward.  I was definitely HAVING real contractions, they just weren't progressing anything else, so we were told to go home, get some rest, and monitor my progress.  I managed to get a couple hours of sleep when we got home, and by the time I got out of bed around 8:00 AM, the contractions stopped. 

So, so, so bummed out right now.  =(  I'm 39 weeks and SIX DAYS... it's TIME.  =P

No comments: