Sunday, October 12, 2014

38 Weeks!


Size of baby: According to BabyCenter, you’re about the size of a leek (not really sure how big that is)

Total Weight Gain/Loss:I'm doing my best not to think about it.  Everyone keeps telling me that I'm huge/ready to pop though... which really doesn't make me feel all that great about things.  My brother's asked if I was bigger this time around than I was with Emily.  I don't know as I haven't really been photographing my "progress" as I did the first time around, but, by everyone's comments, I'm starting to wonder if I'm looking like a freakin' house. lol

Maternity Clothes:Yup... and even they are starting to get a big tight/uncomfortable.

Gender: It's a BOY!

Movement: Lots of stretching and shifting. He definitely makes his presence known.

What I miss: Alcohol! lol  Of all the times in one's life not to be able to drink, this is the time that you REALLY want to.

Sleep:  It pretty much sucks.  I'm waking up every couple of hours.  I'm pretty sure that I'm having BH contractions which is causing me to either a) wake up, or b) have to pee really bad due to the sudden pressure to the bladder, causing me to wake up.  Either way, it sucks and I just want to sleep.  I REALLY hope I get a decent nigh tor two in before he decides to come.

Symptoms: Same old, same old.  Plus, now I seem to be getting heartburn.  This was not an issue with Emily, so I really hope that the old wives tales are true and this means that the little guy is going to have HAIR! lol  It took Em FOREVER to get her locks, I'd really love to have a little guy with some killer hair.  ;)

Cravings: Pretty much same as it's been.... hamburgers and other meat products.

Best Moment this week: Not really sure... just knowing that it's getting close.  And the fact that we've been getting our house cleaned up/organized has been pretty great. 

What I am looking forward to: Maternity leave!  I have one week of work left.  I'm pretty pumped.  =)

No comments: