Tuesday, April 3, 2012

38 Weeks

  Size of baby: According to Babyzone she's about the length of a swiss chard.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  +40... ok... I've reached the limit of what I was willing to gain for this pregnancy.  The baby either has to come before my next weigh in, or can't grow anymore! lol (As I write this I'm swallowing a big chunk of chocolate chip cookie... lol)

Maternity Clothes: Jacob told me yesterday that, if he were in my shoes, he'd be living in sweat pants and slippers right about now.  I'll tell you, that's EXACTLY where I'd like to be!  Damn professional office job! =)

Gender: It's a girl!

Movement: I think there is less "movement" but still a lot of poking and stretching and prodding at my insides.  Not comfy!

What I miss: Being able to bend at the waist.  I tried tying my own shoes for the first time in several weeks yesterday... it did not work well.  Looks like I'm sticking with my slip-ons!

Sleep: Sleep has been getting better since my cold started to clear up.  I think I only got up twice last night! 

Symptoms: Fingers swelling... I had to take off my wedding ring the other day for a few hours until my finger went back to normal size.  I don't like it!

Cravings:  No real cravings to speak of this week.

Dr. Appointment:  My doc told me yesterday that the baby was "WAY low".  So, I guess that's a good sign. =)  She also told me that my cervix is "WAY posterior" (She must really like that adjective).  I don't know what this means.  I mean, I know literally what it means, but I don't know what it means in terms of child birth, etc.   So far no real dilation to speak of though (she estimated about .5" at this point).  She did mention, though, that I did well with the exam.  She said that it's a good way to measure pain tolerance in terms of child birth/labor and, since I'm hoping to go at it naturally, that it says good things that I was ok with the pressure/discomfort from the exam.

Best Moment this week: Went shopping!  Went to a big consignment sale and bought a jogging stroller and some infant rattle/teething toys.  Then Jacob and I went to Target and got a bunch of the stuff that was left over on our registry that we wanted.  Thanks to our discount and all of the gift cards we received, we paid only $60 for $250 worth of stuff.  SOOO grateful for those gift cards!

What I am looking forward to:  Ummm... getting this thing OUT of me! lol  As much as I don't think I'm "ready" yet, I am definitely READY to have my body back.  I'd be ok going into labor right now!  *hint, hint*

No comments: