Tuesday, April 10, 2012

39 Weeks

  Size of baby: According to Babyzone she's about the size of a jackfruit (yup... no idea.)

Total Weight Gain/Loss:I am up FOUR pounds from last week... I don't know what the deal is.  But I do know that I seem to be retaining a LOT of water.  I don't even look like I have ankles anymore... just goes straight from calf to toe. lol 

Maternity Clothes: ... are even getting uncomfortable.  =(

Gender: It's a girl!

Movement: She's not kicking anymore really... but there is a lot of stretching/shifting/etc.  I am definitely getting some prods in the rib cage... which are not pleasant.

What I miss: Hiking/walking.  The last few days have been GORGEOUS and, after months of rain/wind/cold grossness I really want to get outside and DO things... but I can barely get two blocks without feeling like I'm going to die these days.

Sleep: Sleep has gotten SO much better!  I'm hoping that improved sleep is one of my body's pre-labor "tells". ;) 

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, swollen fingers/legs/feet, some crampiness, aching hips, sore lower back, sore feet, and sporadic nerve pinching where my legs hit my torso.  It's just a world of fun over here. =P

Cravings:  No real cravings to speak of this week.

Dr. Appointment:  Remember how the baby was "WAY low" last week?  Well, apparently she's even LOWER this week!  My Dr. said that I'm about 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced.  My cervix is still posterior though.  I want this little one to get OUT of me (she is running out of room!) so I hope that I continue to progress well over the course of the next week so that she's not TOO late (if late at all).

Best Moment this week: The weather was really nice this weekend.  Jacob was able to get a bunch of yard work done and I planted some seed starts for the vegetable garden this year.  It was nice to feel sunshine again! =)

What I am looking forward to:  Maternity Leave!  My last day of work is Friday!

No comments: