Wednesday, January 23, 2013

9 Months!

Weight/Length- You have your nine-month appointment on Friday, so I'll update then!  **Update** as of your doctor's appointment today (1/25) you are 18 lbs, 10 oz and 28.25".  You're growing so fast, I can't believe it!

Eating- We have increased your solid food intake this month to 2-3 "meals" per day.  You are doing AWESOME with it and I think you're formula/bottle consumption has actually started to decrease.  You love to feed yourself, too.  I've noticed greater solid-food-success with those items that you can pick up and put in your own mouth (crackers, bananas, steamed carrots, avocado and tomato slices, etc.)  We're still trying to get you to figure out the sippy cup though... you seem to prefer to chew on the handle than to actual drink what's in the thing.

Teeth- I am adding this as a new category because I think it's important now!  You currently have 4 teeth (3 on the top, 1 on the bottom).  Your top front teeth came in first (which, apparently is abnormal).  You have one more top tooth starting to make it's way through and, we think, another bottom one on it's way soon!

Sleep- You are a pretty awesome little sleeper.  You've been going to bed a bit earlier these days (today we started the bedtime routine at 6:30!), but you are still sleeping roughly 10-11 hours at night, waking up, having a bottle, and then sleeping for another couple hours!  I think that, maybe, you're going through a growth spurt and need that extra sleep!

 Clothes-You are mostly in 9 month stuff now... which is really sad for me because you had some adorable 6-month clothes!  I've kept them around as long as I can, but I'm having a hard time squeezing them over your head!

Personality-Happy, happy, happy!  And very curious and independent!  You are active and love to be moving, observing and experiencing new things!  I think you're going to be a lot like your mother.  ;)


Likes/Dislikes-
  • You like playing with other kids!  You got a little peeved when I picked you up early from day care the other day since, I'm guessing, you weren't done with your play time yet!
  • You like sweet foods.  We are having a lot of luck with fruits... vegetables have proven to be more of a challenge.
  • You love standing up!  Every time I put you down you refuse to bend your own legs to sit/crawl. lol  You don't want to admit that you can't quite walk yet.
  • You like Banana Mum Mums
  • You like seeing mom and dad when we pick you up at day care
  •  You don't like LEAVING day care.  =)
  • You don't like Chicken and Veggie Gerber baby food. Why tried for three days straight and you just weren't having it!

Milestones-
  •  You've tried lots of new foods this month.... but I can't remember specifically which ones! lol
  •  You are feeling more confident on your two feet.  You are starting to let go of things and stand there for a few seconds before you grab something else and/or fall over.
  •  You are starting to crawl up to me when I'm in the kitchen cooking, use my legs to pull yourself up, and then look up at me like "Mom, pick me up!".  We're trying to teach you how to say "Up" and "Down"... I fear we'll regret that soon. lol
  •  You met your first British friend this month!  Little Eva came to visit all the way from Bristol!
  •  You celebrated your first FOUR Christmases! It was quite the season for you!
  •  You rang in your first New Year... asleep in your crib.  ;)
     




2 comments:

ExTerra said...

What a wonderful legacy you are making for Emily. I don't often pop into your blog but I am glad I did today.....

ExTerra said...

and I did not realize until I 'published' my comment that we show up as ExTerra so if you ever get comments from ExTerra it is just Pam and Carl whose sailboat is named ExTerra. Not sure how that makes it my google account ID!