Saturday, January 19, 2013

What's' for Dinner?

When I was at the chiropractor yesterday she was talking to me about taking on a low Glycemic Index diet, and mentioned that it was important for me to learn and understand what "good" foods were as I was probably the one that has the most impact on my family's diets. 

This startled me.  Not because it's not true... but because it IS.  I do the bulk of the cooking and decision making when it comes to the food that we purchase.  I never really thought about it before, but she's right... when it was just Jacob and I, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about this, but now that Emily is starting to eat more and more solid foods, it made me realize just how much responsibility I have to my daughter to make sure that she is well fed and getting the right kinds of foods.  It's kind of unsettling. lol  I think I'm going to be looking at grocery shopping in a whole new light now... and I'm working on remembering all of the healthy "go-to foods" on the list that I was given.

On that note, I'm starting to run out of ideas of baby-friendly foods... what did you all give your children in the early stages?  Either "baby food" form or "baby-led weaning" form.... I'm open to either, just needing some ideas. =)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Soft, easy to swallow fruits and veggies like bananas, avocados, applesauce etc as well as mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs and so forth. I always try to make sure he gets some fruits and veggies a day along with whatever we're eating.