Monday, March 18, 2013

Teething... Ugh.

This weekend was definitely not as relaxing as I hope/thought it would be... Emily was in a mood.  And, when Emily is in a mood, we are ALL in a mood (due to lack of sleep and constant noise. lol).

On Saturday I thought that she'd just woken up on the wrong side of the crib as she was acting kind of pissy but didn't seem to have any other signs of anything else going on.  And then she started to get a runny nose and a cough.  Sunday was much of the same, but she also started to make her "my mouth hurts 'cause I have a tooth coming in" noise*.

*I wish I could explain this... I'm doing it right now trying to figure out the best way... lol... Blow air forcefully out of your lightly closed lips so your lips kind of "flap".  THAT's the noise.

Jacob stuck a finger in there to investigate and, sure enough, she has a 5th tooth coming in on the top.  (I'm starting to wonder when her bottom teeth are going to start popping, right now she only has 2 down there!).  While her mood didn't improve, we at least knew what the culprit was, and were able to give her some teething tablets and teething rings to chew on.  It made her feel a bit better, I think.  I just hope that it's done by next weekend as we are taking her on her first airplane ride and going to Southern California.  (I'd really like a HAPPY baby!)

Our weekend in pictures.... ;)






After MUCH coaxing, I finally got a few little smiles.....



1 comment:

Becky said...

I love your new header picture. You all look so happy and beautiful!