Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mothers Day

I'm home sick for the third day this week.  I have already read most of my magazines, watched my Netflix video, and obsessively checked e-mail/facebook waiting for someone to post/send something cool/weird/entertaining.  Looks like what I'll be doing today is catching up on back blog posts... and there's a lot of them.  =)

Let's start with Mother's Day (yeah, I know, right... that was LAST MONTH--I"m really behind).

The forecast called for some pretty unseasonably warm weather the week leading up to Mother's Day, so, I decided to risk it and book us a camp site at a near by regional park for the night.  Emily had never been camping before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, and I figured best to go for one night, somewhere near by, so we could make a quick escape to our own beds if we needed to.  =)  But, as with most of my other fears, they were unwarranted.  She did fantastic.  Had one wake up at about 1:00 am (I think she was cold).  We took her into bed with us to warm her up, and she thought it was play time.  After about 20 minutes of wrestling her to lay down, I finally just wrapped her up in a couple of blankets and put her back in the pack and play, where she slept until morning.  =)

Saturday the weather was great.  We played on the "beach" (off of the Sandy River), took some walks through the campground, watched a couple of deer that came (almost) right into our camp site, and cooked up some hot dogs for dinner.  Sunday, on the other hand, it poured.  Our stuff was pretty wet.  But, thankfully, we were headed home, and home was a very short distance away! 

We have another camping trip planned for August, and, thanks to this impromptu trip, I'm not as concerned about it... and am even hoping to take another one before then!

Here's some photos from our 24 hour adventure.  =)

Headed down to the beach!

The water was COLD... she was too interested in exploring to notice. lol







Love this photo of Jacob in the background. lol


Bambi!



In our new tent Emily has her own "room"... LOVE it. lol


She looks like she should be at summer camp. lol


Collecting pine cones

Hmm... how many can I carry?

Reading the paper with Dad



No comments: