Monday, July 8, 2013

Relay for Life

This will be the 3rd year (and 4th relay!) that Jacob and I have participated in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.  Cancer has been a pretty big part of my life since I was about 12 and both my uncle and grandfather were diagnosed. 

I have come to terms with the fact that, with my family medical history, cancer is not a question of "if" but rather "when".  With grandmothers, grandfathers, aunts, and uncles on both sides of my family having to deal with this disease, I find myself bracing myself... and doing what I can to help the cause.

It would mean so much if any of you out there in blogland would like to donate a few bucks in the fight for a cure.  When the "when" does occur for me, you, your family member or a friend, let's work together so that the chances are survival are no longer an "if" but a "when" (and a "win!")


Eugene Relay 2012

Did her part, wore herself out!  =)

No comments: