Monday, May 28, 2012

Emily Meets the Family!

I'm hoping that my mommy-blogging skills get a little better as time goes on!  I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted anything.  Time flies when you're walking around like a zombie (I'm pretty sure that I was about 2 minutes away from falling asleep in Safeway yesterday... while walking. lol).

Emily celebrated her ONE MONTH birthday last Wednesday.  I really can't believe that (as of today) she's been a part of our little family for five weeks!  She is still waking up every 2-3 hours at night to be fed/changed, but she is starting to be awake a lot more during the day and falling asleep a lot faster after her night feedings (which is really awesome to only have to get up for 20-30 minutes and then go back to bed!).

She's able to recognize Jacob and I.  I didn't realize this until we went to visit family this weekend and she, quite obviously, turned toward us when we would talk/walk into a room and make eye contact.  Since Jacob and I are the only adults that she sees on a regular basis, we hadn't realized that she actually KNEW us... and didn't just think we were those people who waited on her hand and foot. =)

As I mentioned, this weekend Jacob and I took Emily to hang out with her Grandma and Grandpa.  It was her first over-night away from home (not counting the hospital).  She did pretty good.  She slept almost all day on Saturday (which made me a little nervous as she's been a lot more awake/alert recently), but was up and at 'em to visit on Sunday morning.  She even let Grandma give her a bath without screaming her head off!  =)

Emily also met her Great-Grandmother and her last aunt/uncle set. She met her other aunts/uncles and cousins last weekend when they came up to Portland to see her.   (Thanks for the photos Brittney!)

Meeting her uncle Rob and cousin Satori
Aunt Brittney (she's got two of these!)

Four generations!

Emily is growing and gaining weight quickly, too.  I can't believe how much she has changed in the last month.  She's up to more than 11 pounds!  I love that she's getting the cute little baby chub!  Me, on the other hand, still have plenty of pregnancy chub. =P  I was under the impression that I would have naturally lost more during the delivery (only currently only down 15 lbs)... guess I just ate too many brownies. =P  Positive side to the breastfeeding though is that I now have some pretty awesome cleavage. =)


 




1 comment:

TheRoddyBride said...

Aw, so cute! She is getting so big! Isn't it crazy how fast time flies? I know I have said that a lot but it is true. My own baby girl will be 2 at the end of this month. It's just crazy!