Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day!

Last week I was looking at the weather forecast for the weekend and saw temperatures in the high 80s!  This was VERY unexpected as our wonderful Oregon weather has kind of been crap recently.  Since I've been, pretty much, confined to the house the last few weeks, I wanted to take full advantage of the gorgeous weather so I asked Jacob if he'd be up for a day trip to the coast.  He told me that, since we was Mother's Day weekend, we could do whatever I wanted.

Mother's Day!  I hadn't really expect to do anything in celebration of Mother's Day this year (in fact, I had kind of forgotten that it was even coming up).  Jacob and I are both pretty sleep deprived and, with Emily only being 3 weeks old at this point going anywhere "special" is a little iffy and we're not yet comfortable leaving her with a babysitter.  So, I was more than a little excited, and grateful, to make my first Mother's Day celebration a trip to the coast on a gorgeous, sunny day!

We got a bit of a late start (I was trying to catch up on some sleep from a rough night before), but we finally pulled into Seaside around 3 PM.  I don't think that I've ever been to Seaside before (I've always stuck around the Central coastal cities), so I was excited to explore a new area as well.  And I was shocked!

This is what I'm used to in terms of Oregon beaches:

South end of the Seaside Prom
 This is what we saw:


The beach was so crowded!  So many people building sand castles and laying out in the sun.  I saw more people in swim suits than I think that I have EVER seen on an Oregon beach before! lol  That's how nice of a day it was.  =)

Jacob wheeled Em down to the sand and we took a stroll down the beach, then up to the Promenade where we got some ice cream and headed back to the car.  It was a short trip, but it was great to get out in the sun, take a walk in the sand, and just relax.

Emily's first "picnic lunch". =)
Didn't appreciate her surroundings near as much as mom did! =)

No comments: