Thursday, February 21, 2013

Walking, Walking Everywhere!

On February 8th I went into work a bit late and spent an extra hour in the morning hanging out with Emily.  I'm glad that I did because I witness her first (I think) step!  One week later she had already started "toddling" everywhere... I can't believe how much can change in just 7 days!  Now, two weeks later, she is regularly walking for place to place.  She's still not 100% sturdy, nor has she figured out how to turn around (she tried it once, stepped on her other foot and fell over), but she is definitely getting better and better, stronger and stronger each day! I highly expect that by the end of the month she'll be RUNNING after the cat!  (I swear that's why she became mobile so quickly... she wanted to grab that tail!)

We've had Emily in our lives for less than a year... less than 10 months in fact... and I can't believe how much of a little PERSON she's become in that time.  Tonight I was feeding her dinner, watching her drink out of her sippy cup, and couldn't help but get a little sad (and excited at the same time!) that she was growing up so fast.

As the (next) rainy season is about to hit Portland, I am now stalking the Internet for cute, affordable, baby rain boots.  I'm looking forward to a little puddle jumping with my daughter this year.  ;)


No comments: