Thursday, April 21, 2011

Long Time No Type...

It's been awhile since I posted.  Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive.  I took a nice, long four-day weekend last week for no reason what-so-ever except to simple have a vacation where I didn't have to DO anything.  I was planning to blog during that time, but, well, I didn't. =)

It was fantastic to have some time to relax.  Whenever I take a "vacation" from work, it's because I'm actually GOING on vacation.  Which, often times, actually includes more stress than a regular day at the office.  I've been feeling a bit tense the last few weeks (BIG presentation that I had to help put together, then a couple of scary incidents at/around work (not used to finding out after the fact that someone had a gun within 20 feet of me...)).  I decided that, since Jacob and I aren't planning any long summer trips, and I had some vacation time built up, that I would just take a couple days to myself. 

I did some reading... I started the first season of True Blood (can't decide what I think about that show...)... I caught up on some TV shows... I did some shopping that I've been wanting to do but haven't had the time/energy to do on the weekends or after work.  I think I roamed around Big Lots for a couple hours.  I don't know that I've ever actually shopped in that store before.  I will definitely be going back!  I went to visit Jacob on his lunch break at work and we were out for frozen yogurt.  I planted my starter seeds for my veggie garden.

It was a good, good break.

And then I went back to work on Monday.

And Tuesday I was sick.

Still working on getting over this cold, I just hope it's done before the weekend, 'cause I'm hosting Easter dinner for about 2 dozen people and would really like to be able to make it through the meal without a cough attack.

(Though, the coughing did prove helpful today when I was only the phone with a client who I didn't really want to talk to... ;) )

No comments: