Monday, June 6, 2011

Slowing Down

Things have been slowing down for me lately.  No longer am I going to school/writing a thesis/planning a wedding/buying a house/decorating/furnishing... and I realized something.  I crave projects.  My brother is getting married in a few months and I find myself wanting to plan a wedding.  Jacob's cousin just graduated from high school and suddenly I'm thinking about the job search process.  Not that I WANT another wedding, or a different job, but just that I have a strong urge for a project.  I need something to plan.  Something to look forward to, something to work on in the evenings after I get home from work (there is only so much facebook-stalking a person can do!)

I started a new mini-project this weekend that I hope to unveil in a couple days time... so, I have that.  Our one year wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple of months... but I had that planned three months ago.  Jacob's 30th birthday (I'm throwing him a "surprise" party--he knows that something is happening, just doesn't know what) is coming up in September, but I already know, basically, what that's going to consist of.  I want to go on a road trip or a vacation of some sort.  But we can't really afford it right now.  I want to plan!

Do you all ever feel like this as well?  It's a weird combination between cabin fever and boredom.  I've always been doing so many things at once... it's hard to get used to not having any deadlines in my personal life.

2 comments:

Meghan C said...

I used to feel like that all the time. But I've found that a baby cures that, lol!

Anonymous said...

I know this feeling all too well! Complacency drives me cuh-razy!!! Let me know if you find a cure... I'm hoping to get knocked up in the next 6 months or so...that'll be a lifelong project, eh?