Wednesday, October 2, 2013

So What?

Linking up with Shannon for So What Wednesday!

So What Wednesday

This week I'm saying SO What if:

- After spending 4 days in Central Oregon I am starting to weigh the benefits of moving to a smaller community... and maybe even more toward that part of the state.  Though, I have been thinking about moving for about a month now (since Jacob said something about moving to the coast).  We have been in our house for almost 3 years now... which is longer than I've been in any one place since I was 18 and went to college.  I'm worried that I'm getting a little stir crazy.  I partially wonder if it has to do with moving around so much when I was a kid (the longest I was in one place was... 6 years, maybe?)... maybe I'd be perfectly satisfied staying in one place if I'd been raised in the same house all my life... hmm... now I'm curious about the psychology of it all.  =)

- I got a little geek-ed out excited to go to a conference out of town for work this week.  It was actually trainings on WHAT I DO.  This may sound like a "duh", but, working in a small program of a larger social service agency I don't usually get the opportunity to learn/share ideas on my actual job (workforce development), but rather receive trainings on trauma, crisis intervention, cultural competency, etc., etc.  It was SOO nice to spend 3 days actually talking about, and getting fresh ideas, to help with my day to day job.

- I'm having a really hard time deciding what to do with Emily's hair.  It's starting to get a bit long in the front and I can't decide if I want to trim "bangs" or start training a side part.  It's a lot of pressure to decide on your kids hair style!  And Jacob just doesn't understand. lol

- Speaking of hair, I'm at a loss at what to do with Emily's in terms of her curls.  I have straight hair, I have no idea what to do with hers... I'm actually thinking I need to research it a bit.

- I'm secretly happy for the fall-ish weather.  I was getting tired of my summer clothes and really wanted to pull out the boots, scarves and cozy sweaters.  =)  Give it about a month or two though, and then I'll just be sick and tired of the rainy, dreary, grossness.

- SWWs seem to be my only blogging as of late... but, the benefit of this is that it's a quick, easy way to get some of the little thoughts off my mind and on to paper.  Since starting this blog back in 2009, it has morphed from somewhere to share/discuss/get ideas for wedding planning on to a record of my life for my children to be able to review in years to come.  This little thoughts are just as important (if not more so) than the posts about family vacations and holidays. 

- On that note, I look forward to the end of each year because it means that it's time to get my blog posts for the year printed up and bound.  =)  I have several "books" now thanks to Blog2Print.  I don't trust the internet, so am more than happy to pay a few books to get it published into a hard copy for safe keeping.


No comments: