Saturday, May 24, 2014

18 Weeks!

18 Weeks

Size of baby: According to BabyCenter, you’re about the size of a bell pepper..

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I don't really care to know today.  ;).

Maternity Clothes: Made the transition to maternity pants last weekend... but I'm in that weird awkward stage where I'm too big around for my normal pants, but not big enough to hold up the maternity ones yet... so my pants keep slipping down.  =P

Gender: June 4th is the big day!  =)

Movement: A little movement here and there, but not a lot and not consistently.

What I miss: Alcohol.  I would have killed for a glass or two of wine this week.

Sleep: Sleep has sucked recently, not because of pregnancy stuff, but because I have this awful cough that wakes me up in the middle of the night. I was quarantined for the last half of the week as my doctor suspected that I may have whooping cough.  The test came back negative, but I still have this awful cough AND I missed three days of work for nothing.  

Symptoms: Not much to report on this front.  I have a "maybe baby, maybe beer belly" gut going on.  =)

Cravings:Not really craving anything... except brownies and Target's S'more ice cream... but that's not really usual.

Best Moment this week: Finding out that my whooping cough test was negative and feeling comfortable hugging on Emily and your dad again.  I was feeling very deprived of physical attention, and I think Emily was, too.  =(

What I am looking forward to:  THE ultrasound in a couple of weeks.  Can't wait to find out if we're going to have a little boy or another little girl.  I don't really care either way.  I know most parents say that, but it's really the truth.  I wanted a girl the first time around, just to make sure that I got one, but this time I'd be happy either way.  =)  At first I wanted to have one of each, but I've seen the relationships that female friends and family have with their sisters, and I would love for Emily to have that close female companionship, too.  So, like I said, boy, girl, doesn't really matter... I'm just anxious to know!

No comments: