Friday, September 12, 2014

Aches and Pains

This pregnancy has been a lot harder than my last.  I'm not saying that it's been horrible, as I know that other women go through much worse than I have, but compared to the first time around, this time has kind of sucked.

I don't know it if it has something to do with the long labor/way that Emily came into the world (sunny-side up after 21 hours), but my pelvic area has bothered me for months--relaxin and pelvic separation stuff.  On bad days it feels like I got off a REALLY long horseback ride.  I'm really sore and I can barely walk and/or lift my legs without a lot of pain/discomfort.  On good days, it's like nothings wrong... and then I'll be waddling around and get a sharp pain in my ass (literally) and all of the discomfort comes back.

I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and really hope that this little guy decides to come sooner rather than later.  I figure, Emily was a week late, this one owes me and should get here a week early!  Then I only have to suffer through this for another 5 weeks (ugh).

I've been seeing a chiropractor pretty much from the beginning and I've been doing prenatal yoga to help.  Both have been helpful, but now both can be pretty painful, too.  Sometimes it helps to sit on a heating pad while lounging on the couch, but I don't necessarily feel comfortable shoving a heat pack between my legs at work.  ;)

I'm also a bit concerned about what the labor is going to be like this time around.  If I'm already having such awful discomfort in that area, what's it going to be like when I'm in labor?  I don't feel like I got the "true" labor experience last time around  Between the awful back labor, the hours on the toilet, the pain killers and the epidural, I don't feel like I know what "normal" labor feels like... and then add on this pre-pain... I'm a bit concerned.

Any other mama's out there delivery vaginally after suffering from this pelvic separation stuff?  I'd really love to hear how it went (assuming that the answer is "just fine". lol).

No comments: