Monday, November 18, 2013

Bad Momma



I saw a post that someone in one of my Facebook groups posted today and thought it would be an excellent blog post/link up.  I've never hosted a link up before, so this is brand new to me... but I would LOVE to see what others have to say to this.

OK, here's the deal... the prompt is "I'm a bad mom because..." and you fill in the blanks.  =)

 I am very, very familiar with "mom guilt" and really appreciated reading what other moms do that are "against the rules" and recognizing that I'm not "alone" in some of my parenting decisions.  So... I'll go first, then you join in and don't forget to add your link at the bottom!  =)

I'm a bad mom because...
  • I turned Emily's car seat to front facing when she was a year old.  I couldn't wait until she hit the 1 year/20 lbs marker.  She really disliked being rear facing and it was horrible trying to maneuver her into the car seat when it was rear facing.
  • I let her eat off the floor... I feel like the 5 second rule is extended slightly for toddlers since it takes them a while to grip the lost food item.  Sticky or slimy food items fall out of this category.  =)
  • I gave her a brownie before dinner tonight and told her not to tell her dad... lol.  I really wanted one and I knew that she wouldn't let me eat it unless she had one, too.  ;)
  • Sometimes I let her play with trash.  A crinkly paper bag or milk jug is sometimes the most sought after item in the house/car.
  • I discovered that she LOVES Sesame Street... so I turned on an episode this weekend, sat her on the couch and said, "I'll be RIGHT back"... and then left for about 10 minutes so that I could pee/eat/change over the laundry
  • I let her sit on the counter when I'm in the kitchen.  She likes to watch me cook.  She has fallen off... once.  And only once.  Now she knows better. 
  • Sometimes I skip pages when reading a book to her because I am super tired of reading the same book over and over again.  So far she hasn't called me on it.  =)
  • I encourage her to play on "the big bed" and let her bounce around on our king size bed... because it means that I get to lay down for a few minutes and rest.
  • She eats breakfast in the car Monday through Friday.
I'm sure I'll probably add more to this as time goes on.. lol, but now, it's your turn... GO!  =)


No comments: