Tuesday, January 10, 2012

26 Weeks

Size of baby: According to Babyzone she's about the size of a head/crown/whatever of brocolli!

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I'm still +20, so no change from last week... which is probably good since I gained two pounds the week before. =)

Maternity Clothes: Wearing a lot of dresses and leggings these days. =)  I think I've figured out one reason why pregnant women waddle... their maternity pants fall down. =P  For some reason they just have a hard time staying "up" on me.  I feel like a need a belt...

Gender: It's a girl!

Movement: She is definitely do well in this area.  The other morning I was laying in bed and she was kicking up a storm.  I finally reached over and grabbed Jacob's hand and put it on my belly.  His response was, "What?  Do you need her to settle down?" lol  I told him that either way I'd be happy (her settling down or him finally feeling some good movement).  Well, Jacob felt the kicks... and a lot of them!  There was another instance later in the week where we were watching TV and Jacob was laying with his head on my lap/belly... well, his little girl kicked him in the face several times. lol

What I miss:  Being able to get comfortable in a stationary/relaxing situation.

Sleep:I'm having a hard time getting comfortable, which is working into having a hard time sleeping.  Once I fall asleep I'm ok (until I have to get up to pee), but it's the getting cozy part that's a problem.  Also, I'm not getting to bed early enough... I think I need to change my bedtime so that I'm getting more than 7-7.5 hours a night.  Did you other previously pregnant ladies have regular 8 hour + nights of "sleep"?

Symptoms:My back aches and I can definitely feel the extra weight that I'm lugging around out front.  It's weird.

Cravings: I have a craving for Chinese food tonight (after watching yesterday's episode of Castle), but it's not overly intense.

Best Moment this week: Had a prenatal massage this weekend.  It was good (MUCH better than my last one!) but I definitely miss being able to relax on my stomach while being massaged.  Also, a good moment this week was Jacob finally getting to feel some real movement.  OH!  And we got a TON of hand-me-down baby clothes from one of Jacob's coworkers (3 large totes!) that we have to sort through and figure out what we'd like to keep.

What I am looking forward to: My baby shower is in the planning stages... as are my maternity photos.  Both aren't happening for about a month, but I'm still excited and looking forward to them! =)


2 comments:

Lauren said...

Get more sleep! If only for the indulgence that it will all be going away soon. :)

Jennifer Boyer said...

Oh, how much fun was it to go through all of the cute baby clothes??