Friday, January 6, 2012

Blahs

I have not been feeling up to snuff the last couple of days.  I haven't felt "good" physically... I am always uncomfortable: in bed, sitting at work, on the train, even just watching TV.  My stomach is tight and feels like my muscles are getting pulled in all kinds of directions, and my back hurts.  It's been effecting my sleep and just my general mood.  Today I literally hit a wall at work.  I felt so physically drained that I left at lunch time to come home and try to relax and get some work done remotely (I'm thankful that this is something that I can do from time to time).

I know that it's really only going to get worse for the next few months until the baby is born, and that doesn't make me feel any better.  I'm already having a hard time bending over, and I'm starting to regret the open kitchen layout with all of our food product cupboards at ground level (it makes it really difficult to find the peanut butter when I'm trying to make my lunch! lol).  Jacob has been really good about giving me a hand when I need to get up off of the couch or if I need something picked up or moved, but I'm still just so uncomfortable. =(

I know I'm whining now, but I just needed to vent a little bit.

Anyone have any suggestions for elevating my mood and/or increasing my comfort level?

(I really just want a cocktail. lol)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Try going for a walk (if you can catch some clear weather, I suppose) or perhaps try wearing a support belt for pregnancy. Although the support belt didn't solve all of my discomforts, I felt like it made me feel a tad better.

Hope that helps at least a little.

Lauren said...

Your food cupboards are low? Ouch! I second the support belt idea, it helps a little. I got a memory foam 3 inch mattress topper when I was pregnant with #2 and it made a big difference in my back pain.