Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Case of the Missing Biscuit

About a month ago I was making dinner and planning to bake up some biscuits... you know, the kind that come in the tube?  I unwrapped the tube and... nothing happened!  Usually it pops open on it's own, right down the middle.  But this time, nothin'.  So, I lightly tapped the tube against the kitchen counter hoping to help break the seal... and I sure did!  Instead of the tube breaking in the middle, the end cap popped off and went flying across the room... as did about 1/3-1/2 of the biscuits inside!

I laughed A LOT.  Jacob came into the kitchen to see what was going on and laughed with me.  Then we set to work retrieving the lost biscuits from the counter, floor, etc. around our kitchen.

(If you remember, our kitchen opens up into a dining area and formal sitting area, so those little doughy discs had a LOT of space to cover!)

After picking up dough discs from various locations, we discovered that we had 9... out of a package of 10.  We checked each biscuit to see if two of them had stuck together.  Nothing.  We checked the floors again, and behind/underneath things on the counter.  We checked behind the sofa.  We looked EVERYWHERE and NO BISCUIT! 

We were stumped, but figured that maybe the package was a fluke and there was only 9 in there in the first place.  So, I didn't worry about it too much.  Until this morning.

It's been about a month since the biscuit blow up.  I had near forgotten about the missing dough disc.  This morning, however, I saw something funny when I went into our kitchen to make breakfast.  One of our overhead light bulbs had blown out... and, as I went over to inspect, something unusual caught my eye.


We have this little "rock" display on our coffee table that kids like to play with when they came over.  My first thought was that they'd taken one of the rocks and somehow balanced it on top of the light shade, but, as I got closer, it became more obvious that it wasn't a rock at all...


I ran back into the bedroom, grabbed my phone and told Jacob to get out of bed as I had something to show him.

We laughed... a LOT!  =)

Happy Sunday everyone! =)

No comments: