So, what is a girl with a wedding dress to do?
I was sitting around the house this morning, and suddenly had an epiphany. Have any of you heard of a house giveaway like this one? Well, if they can do it for a house, why can't I do one for wedding dresses?? So, that is what I'm going to do! As I know that many of my readers are already married, I'm asking that you PLEASE pass this post along to your friends, family, blog readers, whatever. I really want to be able to make this work but need everyone's help to do it! I figure this is a good time to do this, as Valentine's Day is sure to be the maker of new bride-to-bes!
Here's how it's going to work:
- Write a short essay (500 words or less) telling me 1) a little bit about yourself, your significant other, and the wedding that you are planning, and 2) Why we should pick you to win the dress. Send the essay in the body of an e-mail to me, including your name, contact info (e-mail and/or phone number), state you reside in, and your wedding date.
- Send your $10 entry fee via Paypal to the same e-mail address listed above. This entry fee will be returned to you if I do not get at least 20 entries by the submission deadline).
- Complete these steps by 11:59 PM on March 31st.
- After the submission deadline I will read through the entries and pick my top five submissions. These will then be posted on this blog with a poll for my readers to chose the ultimate winner. I hope to have the winner chosen/announced by mid- to late April.
- The winner will then be contacted for a shipping address. Your entry fee will also cover $50 toward the cost of shipping. The winner will be responsible for any charges over the $50 limit. (FYI, the dress is coming from Portland, Oregon and weighs approximately 5 lbs... in case you want to guestimate what your shipping charge would be).
- Ella Bridal, size 14, off-white/diamond white.
- Has been taken in slightly at the waist, but has not been altered in any other way.
- Has a lace-up back making it easily adjustable to various body shapes and sizes.
- Lots of delicate floral bead work along the bodice... pretty gorgeous!
- Pictures available here, here, here and here. You can also see many more in my wedding blog archives.
- If you have any questions, please ask them as a comment to this post (so that others can see the question and answer to it!).