Friday, February 18, 2011

Day Fifteen & Sixteen: Two Birds With One Stone!


A Picture of Someone You Could Never Imagine Your Life Without
or
A Photo of Your Family
  
Wow!  I'm REALLY behind!  Here I am on day 15... on the 18th day of the month.  Oops! =)  In an effort to catch up quickly, I'm going to cover two prompts with one post... since they kind of go together.  Two birds with one stone, right?  Efficiency. =)


Being as I'm recently married, you would think that my answer for the first prompt would be my husband... however, it is not.  Jacob and I had a conversation about this when we were still a dating couple and talking about the prospect of marriage.  Jacob said that he didn't know if he was ready to get married as he hadn't had that "ah ha" moment when he realized that he couldn't picture his life without me.  I told him that I hadn't either, but didn't know if we ever would.  Jacob and I met in our mid/late-20s.  We had careers, friends, and several relationships a piece before we met each other.  We had lived our lives apart and knew what they looked like.  I told Jacob that I WAS able to picture my life without him... but the thing was, that I didn't WANT to.  I knew what my life was like without him, and I didn't like it.  


Maybe if we were high school sweethearts, or had known each other since childhood things would be different... but, at this point in my life I have a different answer to the question of "who I can't picture my life without":


My Family!

I come from a fairly large family (by today's standards).  I am one of four siblings... myself and three younger brothers.  Then there's my mom and dad, who have been married for 30 years now.  Added to the bunch is my nephew, grandmother, Jacob and significant others of all of my brothers.  It makes for a pretty crazy evening around the dinner table! =) 

We are all pretty close in various ways, and I really can't imagine my life without my big, crazy, small-town family!

No comments: