Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day Six: Juneau!


A Photo that Makes you Happy



This photo is circa 2000.  My friend Josie was taking my senior photos (we bartered the task... I did hers the year before) and my dog decided to "attack".

 I LOVE this photo because it's one of the few photos of myself that I have in which I look GENUINELY happy.  It is, obviously, not the most attractive photo I have of myself, but I am radiating joy... and I love it.

I also love looking at this photo now as my parents no longer have that dog (her name was Juneau, she was a malamute/husky mix) and seeing it just reminds me of all the memories I have of her as well... napping together on the carpet in the kitchen (since she wasn't actually allowed in the house), the first day we got her (and how, in my journal I wrote that it would probably be the best day of my life... besides my wedding of course (oh, the mind of an 8 year old! lol)), and trying to walk her around the neighborhood (when really, she was always the one walking us).  Every kid needs a snuggly pet... and she was a good one.

Just to add another photo to this post, here is a shot of my favorite (and only) pet now.  Scout in one of his usual sleepy-time positions... lol... he's a weird guy, but I love him because of it. =)

1 comment:

Chocolate Lover said...

That is a great pic of you and your pup!