Monday, February 21, 2011

Day Twenty: Don't Read if You're Hungry!


A Picture of Something You Ate Today
  
Looks like my "catch up day" is going to be a bit mouth watering and food focused. lol  Sorry about that. =)  


My parents came over for brunch today on their way through town (they went on a little road trip for the holiday weekend), so I searched the web this morning for something yummy that I could make them.  Here's what I found:




Quiche!  
(The prompt is something you ATE today... not something you will eat.  So, as you can see, we ate, and we enjoyed!).  I found the recipe here after doing a quick Google search, but altered it slightly based on the ingredients that I had in the house and my current dietary needs (remember we're doing a calorie count this month... I'm down about 5 pounds so far!).  Here's the altered recipe:

Fast, Crustless Quiche

1/4 cup shredded cheese
6 slices crumbled turkey bacon
4 eggs
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 chopped broccoli
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cup non-fat milk
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of Pepper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 10 inch pie plate with cooking spray.  Spread the crumbled bacon in the bottom of the plate and sprinkle the cheese on top.  Beat the rest of the ingredients together until well mixed (a minute or two), and pour of the bacon and cheese.  Bake for about 35 minutes. (I used a glass dish and the cooking time increased by about 10 minutes).  Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

No comments: